Saturday, October 25, 2014

DIY Moisturizing Deep Conditioner Recipe With Honey For Natural hair


Earlier this month I went on a week long trip to Texas. Is there a place in America drier than Texas?! I was very busy on my trip and had no time to pamper my hair and as a result, I came home with dry, parched hair in need of some serious TLC. For the past 4-5 years, I've always relied on 3 natural ingredients to get my hair back into shape and they have never let me down!

Here's my DIY Deep Conditioner Recipe:
1 Tablespoon of Honey (I used African Wild Honey the last few times and love it!)
1 Tablespoon of Molasses (I Use BlackStrap Molasses)
1 Tablespoon of Wheatgerm Oil (Wheatgerm Oil)
1/4 Cup Detangling Conditioner (Lia Naturals Detangling Conditioner)

  • Mix together thoroughly. 
  • Apply to hair in sections.
  • Place a shower cap over hair and let sit for 20 minutes to a few hours. (I recently had to leave it in for over 6 hours on a busy day and my hair was fine and felt awesome)
*I've added 2 tablespoons of bentonite clay a few times as well to help cleanse and revive my curls. Works wonderfully! 

Benefits of Honey for hair: 
Honey is a humectant. A humectant draws out moisture from the air. Honey takes that moisture and brings it right into your dry strands.

Benefits of Molasses for hair:
Molasses contains sulphur. Sulphur is one of the building blocks for healthy hair. Molasses is also great at strengthening weak damaged hair.

Benefits of WheatGerm Oil for hair: 
Wheatgerm oil is an emollient. this means it is able to soften and coat the hair shaft to prevent split ends and fight against breakage. It is also rich in Vitamin E, which makes it a highly moisturizing hair oil.

Easy simple recipe, right? I didn't make you mash up an avocado or rinse out strands of banana, I wouldn't do you that way! These are all ingredients you should already have in your cabinet for your skin health as well as internal health. The benefits of these oils when taken internally are really never ending! 

Try the recipe and tell me what you think in the comments below!

 photo blogsignature1_zpsaa547a94.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. 1. No spam. 2. Be respectful

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...