Sunday, January 11, 2015

Review: Shea Moisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil Leave-In Conditioner



This Friday I purchased a leave in from Shea Moisture, their JAMAICAN BLACK CASTOR OIL STRENGTHEN, GROW & RESTORE LEAVE-IN CONDITIONER. I was very skeptical about this leave-in conditioner because, unlike make other naturals, I haven't had much success with Shea Moisture products.

Price: $10-11 from Sallys Beauty Supply
The price is great to me since it comes in a 16 oz. jar. Most of their products come in 8-12 oz. jars/bottles.

Prepping my hair:
I shampooed my hair with my shampoo bar and conditioned as usual. I shampoo my hair in 4 sections, apply conditioner to each section and detangle with the conditioner still in. I rinse my hair all at once, after the sections have been detangled. After detangling, I put each section in a 2 strand twist.

To dry my hair, I wear a t-shirt and air dry until my air is damp or about 75-85% dry. I do not apply product to dripping wet hair.

How did I use the product:
After my hair was 75-85% dry, going section by section, I applied a quarter sized amount of the Shea Moisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil Leave-In Conditioner to each section, massaged it in and then applied a dime sized amount of Lia Naturals Coconut Mango Butter. I split each section up and did 2 strand twists. Out of 4 sections, I ended up with about (10) 2 strand twists.

First Impression:
This product is very runny, it is very easy to apply along the length of my hair but, getting it from the jar to my hair was a little messy. The texture is a bit slimy, not at all like a thick creamy butter or cream. Once applied it was light, I could tell I had applied it but, it wasn't heavy or greasy at all. My twists were shiny and bouncy.

Twist Out Results:
I actually like this product. When I took my twists out I had nice definition, no greasy feeling at all. My hair felt moisturized and soft. I have zero complaints. I am very surprised! My hair looked the same the whole day, no frizz or shrinkage.

I went to sleep with just a satin bonnet cap on, I didn't retwist my hair and the twist out looks exactly the same and feels the same as well.

*excuse these pics. I'm not a selfie taker, I don't have time to be posing and all that. Took me 10 mins. too long to get these pics decent.


If I were to rate this 1 out of 10, I would give it an 8. I will be purchasing this again.



 photo blogsignature1_zpsaa547a94.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. 1. No spam. 2. Be respectful

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...