Monday, July 14, 2014

5 Ways To Simplify Your Life And Get Rid Of Stress!


There is this secret competition among moms to see which mom is the busiest and most stressed. If you're not stressed, you aren't doing it right...  I'm tired of being stressed, tired and just not satisfied with how my life was going! The worst part is, I was doing everything for everyone else and nothing for myself. When you find yourself taking less and less time to take care of your needs, you need to revamp your life.

Here's how I try to keep my life simple. It helps that I'm an introvert and very relaxed, so at the first sign of stress, I'm already over it and looking for a solution. Being a mom, business owner and wife, things can get really overwhelming really fast.

1. Guilt: Never feel guilty about making yourself a priority. Even if you have to wake up 20 minutes earlier, take time to do something for yourself. You can take a bubble bath, read a book, meditate, exercise or even journal.

2. Keep It Simple: If it is stressing you out, simplify it. I used to stress about the dishes, now I use paper plates during busy weeks, problem solved. Really examine what is stressing you out and find a way to simplify it. Tired or ironing? Throw those clothes in the dryer, the wrinkles will fall out (You're welcome!).

3. Say No!: Learn to say "No.". I have friends who will run themselves ragged trying to help everybody. I handle the people in my house first, if I have time then I help others. You are only one person, stop spreading yourself so thin.

4. Be Positive: Yes the days are long and the work is hard but, if you just think positive, it will help you deal with it. Sometimes, I have to dig deep and say things like "I'm glad I have kids because some women can't." When I have to tell myself that, it's been a ROUGH day. But, it helps because often we need help putting things in perspective. Look at the big picture and keep focused.

5. Don't Think Just Do: I will analyze a situation to death. Well, that does nothing but waste time. If there is work to be done, instead of talking about who is going to do it, either do it yourself or shut up about it.

From the comments: Itiel wrote: "Great tips! I would like to add: You don't have to do it alone. It's great to get children and teens involved with cleaning, sorting, organizing and administrative work. It frees time up for me-time pleasures and they learn life-skills. It's truly a gift for us to understand the needs of women who are wives and moms, to create for their me-time. Great blog posts. Thank you."

I'm not a life coach, this is just what has worked for me. I hope at least one of my tips help you! Let me know in the comments; how do you get rid of stress?


 photo blogsignature1_zpsaa547a94.png

2 comments:

  1. Great tips! I would like to add: You don't have to do it alone. It's great to get children and teens involved with cleaning, sorting, organizing and administrative work. It frees time up for me-time pleasures and they learn life-skills. It's truly a gift for us to understand the needs of women who are wives and moms, to create for their me-time. Great blog posts. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. #3 is my favorite. My friends don't like it, though. LOL. Another great post.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. 1. No spam. 2. Be respectful

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...