Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Perfectly Imperfect What That Means To Me


I have seen the quote "Perfectly Imperfect" everywhere for years and I've always disagreed with it. I still disagree with the meaning most people attach to it. When most people use the quote or term, it is to say "Accept me for all my flaws because I'm not changing." I think we should always be growing and always striving to be better people so of course, I didn't agree.  Well, today I actually found myself giving a new meaning to the term "Perfectly Imperfect".

I'm a perfectionist to a fault. I have an idea of the perfect woman, business woman, mom, and wife. And for years I've felt likeI need to become this perfect woman who doesn't even exist, she isn't real; I made her up. She can't be real because, all of us have imperfections and bad days.


As a mom, I swear some days I think I'm damaging my children. Why can't I be the patient, loving, early rising mom who has a super clean house? That mom does not exist! (If she does, I don't want to meet her, ever.)

All moms lose their patience, all moms break down and all moms think we're doing it totally wrong. The secret though? It's that we keep going. We wake up the next day and try again to have patience, to practice yelling a little less, to give more hugs and try not to put ourselves in time out. We keep the goal in sight to be the best mom ever.



Being a business owner has challenged me in so many ways. I have never had to walk through so many brick walls before in my life.

Show an ad to 1000 people and get 1 sale!? I have got to be the ONLY business owner who does this. I am the only one having a slow Month week. Who doesn't know how to write an ad? Seriously, I'm the only one. I should be matching my husbands salary by now! 

Yes, I tell myself those crazy things. Truth is, I'm never the only one. Every other small home based business has been through or is going through what I'm going through at any given moment.

No one is perfect or has a perfect little life. And that is okay. A-OK.

The key. The key is to keep setting goals, keep sending emails, keep posting pictures, keep telling my story, keep going in the direction of my goals and I will get there. It doesn't have to be prefect, it just needs to get done. Done gets you closer to achieving your goals.

There is no perfect time to do something later, the prefect time is now. I know we hear that all the time and it's because it is true. There is always something we can be doing to get closer to our goals. Don't use not being perfect as an excuse to not go after what you want. Just take the hot mess that you are and do it anyway. Well, that's what I tell myself... I assume it's working because my children are all alive, I'm still married and I still have a business. Oh and my sanity, I still have that too.

This is what being Perfectly Imperfect means to me.

Do you ever feel too imperfect to do something? What do you do?

 photo blogsignature1_zpsaa547a94.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. 1. No spam. 2. Be respectful

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...