Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Some Days Makeup Is Needed And That's Okay


I don't know if YouTube is to blame or not but, I swear to you, I've never seen so many women walk around with full face make up in my entire life. And still there is this shame among moms about wearing makeup. There is a need to prove that you're not insecure (we are at times if we're completely honest) and that you aren't covering up bad skin. Oh, how mommy life humbles us.

Growing up, all of the women I knew wore very little makeup, my mother didn't wear any at all. She still doesn't AND that just proves that I wasn't as hard to raise as she claims.

Thankfully, I've never had any skin problems, minimal pimples (less than 10 my whole life), 1 scar (from a curling iron) and have an even skintone. I swear I'm not bragging, okay maybe a little...let me have this moment. So naturally, I've never seen the need for makeup outside of a little eye shadow and mascara.

UNTIL. CHILDREN.

I swear my children sucked all of the soft dewy skin kissed beauty out of me. I should have kept their placentas, maybe it went in there. None of the "Tired mom" talk prepared me for my "no sleep, hungry, 2 toddler, dehydrated" morning face. It was horrid humbling.

This also fostered my love of Target. Because makeup aisle heaven.

There is healing in under eye concealer, it really does hide a multitude of sleepless nights.

I love this concealer by Maybelline! I got mine from WalGreens. 

I beg encourage you, that if you don't feel pretty or polished, do not feel ashamed to get you some make up. I had (you see that had, right?) a friend who said, in her best fellow mommy disdain voice "You don't need makeup, you're wasting your money." Let me be beautiful, okay?! OKAY. Don't allow anyone to make you feel bad for wanting to look like you live among the land of the living. A fresh bare face is nice, when ya know, you actually look "refreshed", which is never, until your children turn 18.

Me with makeup and an awesome photographer. 

Being the plain Jane that I am though, I do have to have balance. I love neutral- barely there makeup looks and still feel like people should look at me and wonder if I'm wearing makeup, not ask me what kind of makeup I have on. I think of makeup like a nice weave, leave people guessing if it's real.

My makeup collection is small and 75% of it comes from Target, WalMart and Drugstores but, it's more than I ever thought I'd be wearing and I'm finally okay with that. No need to prove anything to anyone, I'm just trying to look like I enjoy life. I'd rather not wear all my struggle under my eyes. So during weeks when I feel it's needed I pull out my makeup bag and surprisingly, I really enjoy it.

Do you wear makeup? Full face or just a little?


 photo blogsignature1_zpsaa547a94.png

1 comment:

  1. I do wear makeup. I wear it just to enhance my features. I am like you-- minimal blemishes, pimples etc... One thing about me, ALL of my cosmetics fit in ONE zip-up pouch. I don't believe in 264,926,394 products. I have seen some of the enormous collections some women have on IG and it amazes me. Perhaps they are covering something up, IJS :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. 1. No spam. 2. Be respectful

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...