Friday, July 18, 2014

Makeup Skincare Routine- Sensitive Skin



I have always had sensitive skin, so when I started trying to wear makeup, most of the foundations that I tried made my face itch and break out. After, I finally found the perfect foundation (that is test in and of itself isn't it!?) I ran smack into another problem; how do I prevent build up and clogged pores? I saw an increase in blackheads, whiteheads and breakouts (which I hardly ever get) with frequent make up use, no bueno.  I have never been a part of #teambreakouts and  I wasn't about to join now. 

I can't use the face washes in most stores due to my skin being super sensitive (that's a blessing in disguise because chemicals and harsh surfectants) so my usual skincare routine of washing my face in the morning or night with charcoal soap needed a few extra steps. Here's what I did, accompanied by some pics of me looks of so glamorous with various goop on my face. Enjoy! 
  
                                  
                                       Exfoliating my nose area with the Black Soap Sugar Scrub
  • Before applying my make-up I prep my face by exfoliating with Lia Naturals Black Soap Sugar Scrub. It is gentle, yet effective at cleansing away any blackheads and creating a clean slate. 

  • To wash off the scrub, I use charcoal soap, just a light wash. I use soap to rinse off the scrub because it is a bit thick and using a wash cloth to wipe it off can be a bit abrasive on my skin.  
  • After I pat my face dry, I apply a facial oil by Bobeam Cosmetics


  • To wash off my make up I use Lia Naturals Charcoal soap. I make sure I wash my makeup off every night. 
  • Face masks make you look crazy, but they work! 
  • 2-3x's a week I make a clay face mask to suck out all the extra gunk and oil (I'm sure there is a more professional way to say that but, you get the point). 
My usual DIY clay face mask recipe is a variation of:

Facial mask Recipe:
  • 4-5 Tablespoons Bentonite Clay
    1/4 Teaspoon Charcoal Powder/ Cambrian Blue Clay or Moroccan Red Clay
    2-3 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar (if your skin is extremely sensitive, use water)
  • After I rinse my mask off, I spritz my face with Rosewater

I only follow this skincare routine when I've been wearing makeup all week. This prevents my skin from freaking out. I don't have time to do this on a constant basis #aintnobodygottimeforthat and I don't wear makeup everyday. I like to let my skin breathe. Don't want my husband to forget what I REALLY look like...

What's your skincare routine when you wear makeup?


 photo blogsignature1_zpsaa547a94.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. 1. No spam. 2. Be respectful

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...